Snow Leopard Adventures has organized a number of rafting and kayaking expeditions for paddlers from North America, Europe and Australia. In fact, we have pioneered several demanding expeditions including first descents of rivers in the Indian Himalayas and have conducted over 45 training courses and expeditions for the Indian Armed Forces.
We provide complete logistical support for any river expedition in the Himalayas and our river gear includes imported self-bailing rafts with all accessories and white water plastic/ inflatable kayaks. Raft or road support is provided by our own vehicles and we can organise evacuation by air in case of medical emergencies.
Mumbai to Saje Village (put-in point) â€“ 130 KM approx
Pune to Saje Village (put-in point) â€“ 100 KM approx
Leave Pune/Mumbai early morning and drive 100/ 130 km respectively to reach Kolad via Mumbai-Pune Highway. Arrive at the starting point of rafting latest by 0800 hrs. You will be given safety instructions for rafting. Raft down the Kundalika river through thrilling Grade II and III rapids, reaching the end point by around 1300 hours.
- Reporting time: 0800 â€“ 0830 hrs
- Rafting start time: 0900 â€“ 0930 hrs
- Rafting activity subject to water released from Dam
- Duration of rafting: 2 hours
- Grade of Rapids: II & III
- Total stretch: Â 14 Km
Things to Carry
- Quick – Dry T-Shirt
- Shorts / Track pants
- Change of dry clothes
- A towel
- Sun shade / Cap
Spectacles are best avoided. If unavoidable, should be supported by a strap
Please do not carry jewellery and cash as these will not be allowed on the raft.
SNOW LEOPARD ADVENTURES ADVANTAGE
- Facilities at Starting point:
Canopies with sitting arrangements for our guests, along with drinking water. We also provide the facility of tents for changing.
- International Quality & State-of-the-art Equipment:
All our adventure equipment is from NRS and meets international standards of quality and testing.
- Â Guides:
Our entire rafting team is WRT (White Water rescue technician) certified and trained in Wilderness first aid & CPR from National Outdoor Leadership School (NOLS).
- OneÂ rafting session
- Important note: Children below the age of 13 will not be allowed to go river rafting due to safety reasons.Â
- All Safety Equipment (Life Jackets, helmet etc)
- Services of trained rafting guide
- Canopies with sitting arrangements with drinking water
- Changing and toilet tent facilities (only available at starting point)
Cost does not include:
- Any Accommodation
- Any transportation
- Travel costs for reaching the rafting put in point and back
- Any Medical insurance
- Any expenses incurred due to exigencies / Force Majeure
- Government Service Tax (9%)
Leave a Comment